Tackaberry: The outrageous cost of Summit County healthcare
April 24, 2014
Recently the Summit Daily and The Denver Post have published a number of pieces regarding the Colorado mountain region’s ridiculously high cost of health insurance. The same conclusion was drawn in all which I read; the high cost of the region’s health care.
About a month ago I visited a Summit County dentist for a very minor procedure. In fact, it was so minor, I was in his chair for a grand total of fourteen minutes. For this fourteen minutes I was charged $100 dollars. Later, and upon reflection of this outlandish charge, it occurred to me that as long as Summit County medical and dental consumers will uncomplainingly put up with this level of extortion it will continue and we have little right to snivel about our health insurance premiums.
There are less expensive options. I have chosen one of these…Denver. Most of us have family and friends in the Denver-area; get a recommendation from them and schedule your appointment(s) around other Denver-area errands. Be wise consumers!!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: Former DA Mark Hulbert endorses Bruce Carey
- Summit Daily letters: A Democrat rallies for Republican Woodman
- Summit Daily letters: Support for Woodman, Baumgardner and ColoradoCare
- Summit Daily letters: Re-elect Thomas Davidson as county commissioner
- Summit Daily letters: What do federal income taxes pay for?
- Housing Divided, Part 5: Summit workers and families on brink of homelessness
- Summit Daily News announces the 2016 Best Of Summit (photos & video)
- Meet Nate Dogggg’s heirs to 1st chair at Arapahoe Basin
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area the first in North America to open terrain
- Breckenridge to start a new paid parking program later this year