Tackaberry: The outrageous cost of Summit County healthcare
April 24, 2014
Recently the Summit Daily and The Denver Post have published a number of pieces regarding the Colorado mountain region's ridiculously high cost of health insurance. The same conclusion was drawn in all which I read; the high cost of the region's health care.
About a month ago I visited a Summit County dentist for a very minor procedure. In fact, it was so minor, I was in his chair for a grand total of fourteen minutes. For this fourteen minutes I was charged $100 dollars. Later, and upon reflection of this outlandish charge, it occurred to me that as long as Summit County medical and dental consumers will uncomplainingly put up with this level of extortion it will continue and we have little right to snivel about our health insurance premiums.
There are less expensive options. I have chosen one of these…Denver. Most of us have family and friends in the Denver-area; get a recommendation from them and schedule your appointment(s) around other Denver-area errands. Be wise consumers!!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit County firefighters rescue cat from lodgepole pine (letter)
- Callison: Morgan Liddick’s very long list of dislikes
- Gordman: With marijuana on Main, Breckenridge gets risk but no reward
- Letters: Supporting the candidates for sheriff, district attorney
- Silverthorne Town Council letters of endorsement
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says