Tackaberry: The outrageous cost of Summit County healthcare
April 24, 2014
Recently the Summit Daily and The Denver Post have published a number of pieces regarding the Colorado mountain region's ridiculously high cost of health insurance. The same conclusion was drawn in all which I read; the high cost of the region's health care.
About a month ago I visited a Summit County dentist for a very minor procedure. In fact, it was so minor, I was in his chair for a grand total of fourteen minutes. For this fourteen minutes I was charged $100 dollars. Later, and upon reflection of this outlandish charge, it occurred to me that as long as Summit County medical and dental consumers will uncomplainingly put up with this level of extortion it will continue and we have little right to snivel about our health insurance premiums.
There are less expensive options. I have chosen one of these…Denver. Most of us have family and friends in the Denver-area; get a recommendation from them and schedule your appointment(s) around other Denver-area errands. Be wise consumers!!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters: A low blow from Vail Resorts
- Summit Daily letters: With flow control comes rising costs for trash hauling
- Summit Daily letters: Fat bike feuds and continued carnage on the ski slopes
- An apology from former Krystal 93 host (letter)
- Summit Daily letters: Abandoned dog poop is pollution
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- ‘Unstable’ man attacks Aspen police with razor blades
- Take 5: Life of a Copper Mountain avalanche rescue dog