Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Letters to the Editor
- Local property owner sells Silverthorne lot for $7.25 million
- Breckenridge Mountain Lodge demolished in prep for Marriott Residence Inn
- Science of Food: Simplifying sugars, the good and the bad
- Summit County Police Blotter: Bottle rockets, baseball bats and bad driving
- Kaiser Permanente Colorado hires longtime Summit local for community relations