Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Letters to the Editor
- Summit Daily letters to the editor: Global warming and TABOT touts
- Summit Daily letters to the editor: Disappointment at the Colorado BBQ Challenge
- Summit Daily letters to the editor: Vote your support for affordable healthcare
- Summit Daily letters: Parking garage not the answer to Breckenridge traffic
- Breckenridge crepe cart owner shares the secret for the perfect pancake
- Mountain Wheels: Affordable Jaguars – including a new SUV – seek to broaden appeal
- Mountain Town News: Will wolves ever yip & growl in Colorado?
- Hike Summit: A snowy June trip on Wheeler Trail in Breckenridge
- Summit Daily's top stories of the day