10 local meals under $10
August 15, 2016
Most of us emerging from "mud season" may have noticed our wallets growing a great deal lighter. Luckily, there are plenty of affordable meals worth having in Summit County. From to-go sandwich shops to sit-down restaurants, the list below highlights meal options for locals with a spring budget.
• Stella's Hungry Horse, (327 N. Main St., (970) 485-1861) operates out of a bright green hut right on Main Street. With no singular item over $10 on their menu, you can't go wrong eating here. On their menu you can find a variety of fries, burgers, sandwiches, flat wraps and franks. A Gooey Cheese and Tomato flat wrap, with a side of sweet potato fries and a drink, in total came to $6.25.
• Quandary Grille, (505 S. Main St., (970) 547-5969) currently has a "workman's lunch" deal for a flat price of $7. As part of this deal, you can get a burger, soup, salad or pulled pork sandwich. Drinks are not included in this deal; however, PBRs are $1.50 during the time of this special.
• Crepes A La Cart (307 S. Main St., (970) 453-0622) has a wide selection of crepes, starting at $5.25 without any toppings. Cheeses, veggies, fruits, nuts, meats, sauces and liquors can be added to any crepe for an extra price. The "complete vegetarian crepe" comes with Swiss cheese, baby spinach, broccolini, mushrooms, garlic, fresh squeezed lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil for $8.95.
Recommended Stories For You
• Prost (313 Main St., (970) 668-3688), a quaint beer hall serving lunch or dinner, is known for their delicious sausage selection. Their sausages start between $7.95 and $8.95, and include toppings (cheese, sweet peppers, mustards and other sauces) a side and bun. Prost also offers Bavarian cucumber salad, German potato salad, Bavarian pretzels, soups and sandwiches. For a light dinner under $10, you can experience venison-and-juniper-berry sausage, with a side of potato salad.
• Deli Belly's, (275 Main St., (970) 668-9255) is a local favorite with quality meats, cheeses and home-baked breads. They offer free deliveries to all of Frisco, and have daily specials. Today's special is a ham and Swiss sandwich that can be paired with chips and a drink for $7.95.
• Tavern West, (311 W. Main St., (970) 455-8382) a fairly new addition to the Summit County food scene, has plenty of affordable lunch options. Their appetizers, each under $10, include truffle tater tots, wood-grilled bruschetta and pork belly lettuce wraps. Their Warm Baby Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad includes thinly sliced brussels sprouts, baby kale, dried cherries, sliced and toasted almonds, and crispy pork belly with a citrus vinaigrette dressing. This delicious salad is $8.00.
• Arapahoe Café, (626 Lake Dillon Ave., (970) 468-0873) offers breakfast, lunch and dinner for very reasonable prices. They offer many appetizers and dinner entrées for under $10, including a Philly cheese steak, fish and chips, Reuben sandwich, BBQ sandwiches, burgers, and salads. "Bryant's Bacon Cheeseburger" comes with a choice of cheese, Daley's apple wood smoked bacon, and a side of fries, potato salad, cole slaw or baked beans for $9.95.
• Tacos Tequila, (135 Main St., Unit 17, (970) 468-0326) serves authentic southwestern food for under $10. A hidden local gem, Tacos Tequila offers fresh Mexican dishes, such as the Tacos Al Pastor. This dish has marinated pork, on soft corn tortillas with chopped onion, cilantro, salsa and lime for $2.25 a taco. For $6.25 you can have three Tacos Al Pastor served with chips and salsa for under $10.
• Blue Moon Bakery, (253 Summit Place Shopping Center, (970) 513-0669) is ideal for a large breakfast or light lunch. Every item on their breakfast or lunch menu is under $10, and can easily be paired with a cup of coffee or tea. Breakfast items include burritos, egg dishes, loaded bagels and a wide range of pastries. Their lunch menu includes wraps, sandwiches, salads and soups. The Blue Moon Club sandwich, with oven-roasted turkey, avocado, Swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and chipotle aioli sauce is $7.75, and can be paired with chips or a drink for under $10.
• Sunshine Café, (250 Summit Place Shopping Center, (970) 468-6663) serves big hearty breakfasts all day, along with burgers and sandwiches. The majority of their eggs benedicts, omelets, French toast, waffles and pancakes are under $10. Sunshine Café offers a section called "Sunshine Originals" with unique breakfast creations all of which under $10. Their "Snowboarders Breakfast Sandwich" is a veggie breakfast sandwich with scrambled eggs, tomatoes, cheese and avocado on sourdough bread. This comes with a side of hash browns and is $8.95.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Restaurants
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- Summit School District to ‘protect, preserve’ student memorial garden during construction