The Blue Spruce Inn
August 30, 2016
The Blue Spruce Inn has been a Summit County dining tradition since the 1940's. The building was originally an Inn, with rooms upstairs and a restaurant on the main level. The Inn was built near Farmers Korner on the old highway from Dillon to Breckenridge. It was then moved to the east end of Main Street in Frisco when the Lake Dillon damn was built, and then to the present location around 1974.
The back bar was built in Brunswick, New York circa 1860 and transported to Denver, and then by wagon to Black Hawk, Colorado, where it was once part of the Royal Flush Saloon. The bar was brought from Black Hawk in some thirty-odd pieces and reassembled here in the Blue Spruce Inn.
• Blue Corn Calamari: Tasty rings of squid dredged in seasoned blue cornmeal and flash fried. Served with a lemon, tomato, caper sauce. $11
• Scallop Tostadas: Pan seared sea scallops, housemade guacamole, wonton tostada shells, ancho chile sauce and carrot and cabbage slaw $15.
• Buffalo Short Ribs: 8 ounces of Buffalo Short Ribs slow braised in a tomato and bell pepper confit. $19
• Filets: Tender aged filet of tenderloin cooked to your specifications. 6 oz, $26; 8 oz, $30. Have it bacon-wrapped, $2, or have it topped with crab meat and Béarnaise for $7.
• Mt. Royal New York Steak: Aged 12 ounce beef prepared to your liking, topped with a bleu cheese,roasted garlic and cracked black peppercorn mixture. Served with a green peppercorn cognac demi-glace. $34.
• Elk Medallions: 7 ounces of seared Elk with a blueberry Port Demi Glace. $33.
• Lamb T-Bone: Two 5-ounce lamb T-bones served with a bourbon mint glaze and a side of mint jelly. $32.
• Roasted Duck: Half of a Duck slowly roasted and served with an Orange Chipotle Glaze. $36.
• Grilled red trout: Fresh fillet of red trout grilled and served with a lemon butter sauce. $24.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Frisco Restaurants
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government