The Blue Spruce Inn
August 15, 2016
The Blue Spruce Inn has been a Summit County dining tradition since the 1940's. The building was originally an Inn, with rooms upstairs and a restaurant on the main level. The Inn was built near Farmers Korner on the old highway from Dillon to Breckenridge. It was then moved to the east end of Main Street in Frisco when the Lake Dillon damn was built, and then to the present location around 1974.
The back bar was built in Brunswick, New York circa 1860 and transported to Denver, and then by wagon to Black Hawk, Colorado, where it was once part of the Royal Flush Saloon. The bar was brought from Black Hawk in some thirty-odd pieces and reassembled here in the Blue Spruce Inn.
• Blue Corn Calamari: Tasty rings of squid dredged in seasoned blue cornmeal and flash fried. Served with a lemon, tomato, caper sauce. $11
• Scallop Tostadas: Pan seared sea scallops, housemade guacamole, wonton tostada shells, ancho chile sauce and carrot and cabbage slaw $15.
• Buffalo Short Ribs: 8 ounces of Buffalo Short Ribs slow braised in a tomato and bell pepper confit. $19
• Filets: Tender aged filet of tenderloin cooked to your specifications. 6 oz, $26; 8 oz, $30. Have it bacon-wrapped, $2, or have it topped with crab meat and Béarnaise for $7.
• Mt. Royal New York Steak: Aged 12 ounce beef prepared to your liking, topped with a bleu cheese,roasted garlic and cracked black peppercorn mixture. Served with a green peppercorn cognac demi-glace. $34.
• Elk Medallions: 7 ounces of seared Elk with a blueberry Port Demi Glace. $33.
• Lamb T-Bone: Two 5-ounce lamb T-bones served with a bourbon mint glaze and a side of mint jelly. $32.
• Roasted Duck: Half of a Duck slowly roasted and served with an Orange Chipotle Glaze. $36.
• Grilled red trout: Fresh fillet of red trout grilled and served with a lemon butter sauce. $24.
Recommended Stories For You
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Breckenridge Police Department a leader on diversity and inclusion
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access
- Summit County real estate roundup: High-end real estate sales see spike in January