13 Colorado fun wedding facts
1. The Central Mountains of Colorado hosts more than 4,200 weddings each year.
2. A marriage ceremony typically ends with a kiss because in ancient Rome, a kiss was a legal bond that sealed contracts, and marriage was seen as a contract.
3. Traditionally bridesmaids would be dressed in similar bride-like gowns to confuse rival suitors, evil spirits and robbers.
4. The custom of tiered cakes came from a game where the bride and groom attempted to kiss over an even higher cake without knocking it over.
5. 52 songs is the ideal playlist for a three-hour party.
6. Life in the 1500s: Most people got married in June because they took their yearly bath in May and were still smelling pretty good by June. However, they were starting to smell, so brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide the body odor.
7. 256,920 the average number of calories consumed by 120 wedding guests.
8. The most popular wedding month in the mountains is June, but August and September are close runners up.
9. 100-130 the average head count at a wedding in the Colorado Rockies.
10. Colorado Tents & Events has enough tent inventory to cover over 96,000 square feet of space. That’s enough tents space to:
• Provide cover for 1/3 Summit County residents at tables & chairs
• Provide cover for 19,000 people cocktail style at one time
• Will cover 1.6 entire football fields
11. 17 tons of gold are made into wedding rings each year in the U.S.
12. 67% of women continue to wear the same fragrance they wore on their wedding day.
13. 2 out of 3 brides will shed tears during their father’s speech.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.