A&E briefs: Library event, Alpine Dance Academy musical
October 15, 2016
Library event brings Alexander Hamilton to life
Come hear a real statesman. Alexander Hamilton, in the form of Hal Bidlack, will speak in the Buffalo Mountain Room in the County Commons, Frisco, on Thursday, Oct. 20, at 6:30 p.m. This free program is sponsored by the Summit County Libraries' adult fall reading program, "Read. Relax. Repeat." Bidlack will bring Hamilton alive for the audience, providing a very real sense of the history of our nation's founding. His portrayal captures the intellect, wit, humor and humanity of this important historical figure.
Alpine Dance Academy musical
On Saturday, Oct. 22, the Alpine Dance Academy's Alpine Conservatory Theater program is putting on a musical called "Kindred Spirits" at Warren Station in Keystone. It will feature singing, acting and dancing in a Halloween show. Audience members are encouraged to come in costume for an on-stage costume contest, and the cast will be out in the lobby with candy after the show so the audience can "trick-or-meet" them. Admission is $5 and audience members have two chances to see the show with performances at 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne