A&E briefs: Library event, Alpine Dance Academy musical
October 15, 2016
Library event brings Alexander Hamilton to life
Come hear a real statesman. Alexander Hamilton, in the form of Hal Bidlack, will speak in the Buffalo Mountain Room in the County Commons, Frisco, on Thursday, Oct. 20, at 6:30 p.m. This free program is sponsored by the Summit County Libraries' adult fall reading program, "Read. Relax. Repeat." Bidlack will bring Hamilton alive for the audience, providing a very real sense of the history of our nation's founding. His portrayal captures the intellect, wit, humor and humanity of this important historical figure.
Alpine Dance Academy musical
On Saturday, Oct. 22, the Alpine Dance Academy's Alpine Conservatory Theater program is putting on a musical called "Kindred Spirits" at Warren Station in Keystone. It will feature singing, acting and dancing in a Halloween show. Audience members are encouraged to come in costume for an on-stage costume contest, and the cast will be out in the lobby with candy after the show so the audience can "trick-or-meet" them. Admission is $5 and audience members have two chances to see the show with performances at 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- What to see at the Breckenridge Film Festival
- Breckenridge Film Festival screens world premiere of ‘Waterlily Jaguar,’ directorial debut of Melora Walters
- Why do leaves change color? The science behind fall foliage and best places to view around Summit County
- Breckenridge International Festival of Arts begins Friday, featuring musical performances, movies and a wooden troll