A&E briefs: Statewide casting calls for teen-produced movie
April 24, 2014
Perilous Productions is hosting a statewide casting call for Colorado teenagers and Colorado bands for "My Teen Movie," a one-of-a-kind, unique idea in independent film making. The "My Teen Movie" project is a horror film that will be produced, written, directed, acted and released all in the state of Colorado based off of teenagers' ideas and creativity.
The top 25 actor auditions and 10 bands or musicians will be uploaded to the website in May and will be voted on by the public. This is a Colorado Proud Project to promote the film industry in Colorado.
Auditions are currently being held in 20 cities across the state. Teens can visit the project website at http://www.myteenmovie.com to find audition locations, as well as the character breakdowns to download and bring with them to the audition. No acting experience in necessary. The website also contains information about the project and the complete rules and guidelines. Local bands or musicians can submit their songs for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vail Summer Bluegrass series announces talent lineup
The Arrabelle at Vail Square will play host to the inaugural free Vail Summer Bluegrass Series, featuring notable bluegrass talent the Travelin' McCourys with Bill Nershi (String Cheese Incident) on Wednesday, July 2; Peter Rowan's Bluegrass Band on Wednesday, July 16; Sarah Jarosz on Wednesday, Aug. 13; and the Drew Emmitt Band (Leftover Salmon) on Wednesday, Aug. 27.
Kicking things off on July 2 will be Denver's Chain Station, while Golden's Thunder & Rain will supply opening duties on July 16. Sarah Jarosz's Aug. 13 performance will be "An Evening With …" where she and her band will take on two 60-minute sets with no opener, and Denver-based Trout Steak Revival will wrap things up on Aug. 27.
Recommended Stories For You
Additionally, Vail Bluegrass is proud to welcome Bonfire Brewing, of Eagle, as its exclusive beer sponsor. Vail Bluegrass will announce wine and spirits sponsors in the coming weeks. Attendees will have the opportunity to purchase Bonfire and the additional exclusive beverages within the boundaries of the concert space. Vail Bluegrass has made 30 tickets available per show for those looking to purchase a premium seat. These tickets may be purchased online for $25 beginning Friday, April 25.
For more information or to purchase premium seats, visit http://www.vailbluegrass.com.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- Hey, Spike! finds tiny homes rolling up big time
- Powder parties: Celebrate the opening of ski resorts with music, giveaways, beer
- Final show at the Barkley Ballroom in Frisco leaves owners feeling nostalgic
- Breckenridge International Festival of Arts begins Friday, featuring musical performances, movies and a wooden troll
- Bell tolls for Breckenridge trail troll as town council votes to remove controversial art piece
- In Summit County, government action on short-term rentals leads to new business
- Big Boi joins Gramatik for Breck’s Mountain Dew Snow Dance
- Danish artist Thomas Dambo wants to save Breckenridge’s embattled trail troll