Arts and entertainment briefs from Summit County and beyond
The Breckenridge Music Festival recently announced the lineup for its Champagne Concert Series, a collection of chamber music events held throughout the summer in private homes around Summit County. Evening events begin at 7 p.m. with a champagne reception and close with dessert following the concerts. Back by popular demand, three events will be Sunday Champagne Brunch concerts, featuring full brunch buffets, beginning at 11 a.m. (noted below).
• Sunday, July 12 — Cornell-Ludowese home: Mozart: String Quartet in A, K. 464; Gliere: Four Duets, Op. 39; Kopylov: String Quartet No. 1 in G, Op. 15
• Sunday, July 12 — List home: Damase: Trio for Trumpet, Trombone and Piano; Bloch: Three Nocturnes (1924); Brahms: Piano Quintet in F Minor, Op. 34
• Sunday, July 19 — Mayson home: Damase: Trio for Trumpet, Trombone and Piano; Puts: Simaku; Brahms: Piano Quintet in F Minor, Op. 34
• Sunday, July 19 — Cooper home: Harrison: Suite for Cello and Harp, 1949; Saint Saens: Sonata for Bassoon and Harp (piano); Schubert: String Quartet in A Minor, D. 804
• Sunday, July 26 — Saint Saens: Sonata for Bassoon and Harp (piano); Debussy: Sonata for Flute, Harp and Viola; Ravel: String Quartet
• Sunday, July 26 (brunch) — Trowbridge home: The Breckenridge Brass
• Sunday, Aug. 2 — Bradley home: Beethoven: Trio for Piano and Strings in C Minor, Op. 1, No. 3; Dahl: Concerto a Tre for Clarinet, Violin and Cello; Poulenc: Trio for Oboe, Bassoon and Piano
• Sunday, Aug. 9 (brunch) — Lawson home: Beethoven: Trio for Piano and Strings in C Minor, Op. 1, No. 3; Dahl: Concerto a Tre for Clarinet, Violin and Cello; Poulenc: Trio for Oboe, Bassoon and Piano
• Sunday, Aug. 9 (brunch) — Louis home: Bruce: Duettino for Kate and Alex; Debussy: Sonata for Flute, Harp and Viola; Mozart: Divertimento in E-flat, K. 563
The BMF office will be open to take orders Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Contact the BMF office with questions at (970) 453-9142. The Riverwalk Center Box Office cannot take reservations for the Champagne Series. Learn more at http://www.breckenridgemusicfestival.com.
Donate to Summit Music and Arts at Whole Foods in Frisco
Summit Music and Arts is one of the nonprofit organizations awarded the opportunity to receive donations from Whole Foods Market Frisco’s “Your Change Creates Change” program. The program creates awareness and allows Summit Music and Arts to receive a portion of accumulated bag credits donated by customers at the register. Summit Music and Arts will continue to receive donations through Sunday, April 19.
Each quarter, Whole Foods selects one school and two nonprofits to be the featured organizations and recipients from customers donating their bag credits. At the register, customers have the option to receive the 10-cent per bag refund as cash back off their receipt or they can choose to donate it to a designated charity. Signs at the register inform the customer about the promotion and the nonprofit recipient. The customer must indicate that they would like to make a donation or they will automatically receive the cash back credit.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.