Breckenridge Distillery to host national barkeep contest Jan. 11
January 3, 2019
The Breckenridge Distillery will welcome nine of the best bartenders in the nation to the High Country on Jan. 11 for a grand finale called Punch Kings Last Call after they won regional barkeep competitions.
The regional Punch King champions are set to take the stage at 4 p.m., when they will prepare their winning bourbon punch for eight judges while spotlighting the distillery's award-winning bourbon.
Meanwhile, the distillery will greet guests with a welcome punch from liquid chef Billie Keithley while competitors are preparing theirs.
During the competition, guests will be offered punches crafted by the nine regional bartenders and small bites from the Breckenridge Distillery Restaurant. Only one bartender will be crowned the Last Call Punch King or Queen.
Competitors are coming from New York, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Chicago, Seattle; Canada, Austin, Miami and Denver.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Moose on the mountain: How does Breckenridge Ski Resort handle these sightings?
- Sail away with me: reader photos from this week
- Ullr Fest parade, shot ski take over Breckenridge
- Breckenridge honors Norse god of snow with Ullr Fest
- 19th annual Big Beers, Belgians and Barleywines Festival returns to Breckenridge for third year
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Ever-present threat of wildfire leads Breckenridge to rethink Fourth of July fireworks