Breckenridge Music Festival’s orchestra takes stage Thursday
July 17, 2018
After the first performance this summer for the Breckenridge Music Festival on Tuesday, organizers are bringing "Danzmayr conducts Mozart" to the Riverwalk Center in Breckenridge this Thursday.
The performance featuring David Danzmayr as guest conductor goes from 7:30-9:15 p.m., as he will lead the music festival's first orchestra concert of the season. Additionally, his wife, Kathrin, will be signing soprano.
The performance is inspired by the Luminous theme, and will compare the radiance of Mozart's youthful and energetic music to Osvaldo Golijov's evocative and lamenting compositions, including "Three Songs," a melody composed in memory of a close friend that celebrates the luster of life, according to the nonprfit group.
The Breckenridge Music Festival stand as the core summer festival for the nonprofit Breckenridge Music, and the festival is built upon a 45-piece, resident chamber orchestra that performs from mid-July through mid-August.
Thursday night's concert will also honor Schmitt Piano Competition winners 14-year-old Jason Cui and 16-year-old Pearl Enssle.
Tickets are $25-$40. Purchase them online at BreckenridgeMusicFestival.com or by calling the box office at 970-547-3100.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Breckenridge International Festival of Arts begins Friday, featuring musical performances, movies and a wooden troll
- Breckenridge’s Beaver Run Resort revamp focuses on deli, bars, restaurant
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- Aurum opens in Breckenridge intent on being the gold standard of restaurant experiences
- Halloween activities for kids and adults in Summit County
- Arapahoe Basin, Loveland ski areas announce opening days for 2018-19 season
- 62-year-old Dillon woman dies skydiving in California
- Breckenridge OKs $8 million to build town-owned fiber optic network
- Parking garage talks suggest warming relationship between Breckenridge, Vail Resorts
- Summit Daily letters: Wife of former sheriff throws support behind Derek Woodman