Camping at Willow Lakes to end the summer (photo slideshow)
September 23, 2017
Willow Lakes west of Silverthorne in the high-elevation valley of the Gore Range had its last official summer weekend with a dusting of snow and leaves dropping from aspen trees. Approximately 6 miles into the Eagles Nest Wilderness from the Willowbrook trailhead — as long you don't take the wrong turn with the poorly labeled trail signs — it can be remote for out-of-state tourists with an abundance of trout to fish in the lakes. See more images from last weekend's overnighter to Upper Willow Lake on SummitDaily.com.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Moose on the mountain: How does Breckenridge Ski Resort handle these sightings?
- New cocktail lounge in the mix after closing of Barkley Ballroom in Frisco
- Safety first: Copper Mountain Resort, Loveland Ski Area host weekend of safety-related events
- Aurum opens in Breckenridge intent on being the gold standard of restaurant experiences
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night