Photos: Memorial Day of Remembrance Ceremony at Dillon Cemetery
May 29, 2017
On Monday morning at Dillon Cemetery, at least 100 people gathered for the annual Memorial Day Remembrance Ceremony. Featuring the Summit Concert Band, local veterans and residents spent an hour to honor and remember the deaths of those who served in the U.S. military. Taps were played and Summit County Boy Scouts raised a new flag at the cemetery.
Afterwards, the previous year’s miniature American flags were replaced with new ones at each veteran’s gravesite by volunteers. Check out the Summit Daily’s photo gallery from Monday, May 29.
Trending In: Dillon
- Summit County real estate feeling impact of ‘wealth effect,’ broker says
- Buffalo Mountain Fire investigation is underway; officials urge hikers to stay out of the area
- Interstate 70 traffic snarls that greeted mountain motorists on Monday could continue for months
- Traffic backed up on westbound I-70 near Vail Pass
- Kona, here she comes: Nancy Peters, 60, goes from last to first in four years to win her age group at Ironman Boulder