Carpe Diem string quartet performs with Leon Joseph Littlebird
August 15, 2016
Leon Joseph Littlebird will be performing a special collaborative show with Carpe Diem string quartet on Aug. 21 at Lord of the Mountains Church at 7 p.m. Enjoy Dvorak's famous "American" string quartet and a new work for strings and flute, "Anthem for the Ancestors."
"Anthem for the Ancestors" is a unique music piece for string quartet and Native instruments written by Littlebird and Chas Wetherbee. Also featured will be a few shorter selections Littlebird's "Taos Nights." Appetizer reception starts at 6:30 p.m. Donations will be accepted at the door, with all proceeds going to The Dercum Center's mission to bring renowned artists to Summit County to enrich, educate, strengthen and impact the community.
For information and reservations, contact Karina at (970) 485-4801 or email@example.com.
Trending In: Entertainment Nightlife
- Just the Facts: Rockfall causes and effects in the Colorado Rockies (column)
- High Altitude Baking: Coffee meringue cookies (flourless, low-fat recipe)
- High Altitude Baking: Almost instant vanilla cupcakes (recipe)
- Nordic snow god: Who is behind Breckenridge’s Ullr?
- Marijuana artist uses relief painting for cannabis creations
- Arapahoe Basin, Loveland ski areas announce opening days for 2018-19 season
- Parking garage talks suggest warming relationship between Breckenridge, Vail Resorts
- Breckenridge OKs $8 million to build town-owned fiber optic network
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- Mama bear and her three cubs spend the night in Snowmass building