Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
August 10, 2016
Silverthorne, Aug. 10-12
6:30 p.m. (Aug. 10 & 11) & 7:30 p.m. (Aug. 12), The Lake Dillon Theatre Company, 246-X Rainbow Drive. Exploring the relationships of a young American writer and his English muse, a Jewish greengrocer widower and a German widow, and an ensemble of colorful characters, Cabaret examines life a tumultuous and heartbreaking era.
Frisco, Aug. 10
9 p.m., Barkley Ballroom, 610 Main St. Arkansas nsauce is a genre-hopping, four piece string band from northwest Arkansas, bending the rules and blurring the lines between bluegrass, newgrass, folk, americana, and country. Free.
Recommended Stories For You
Breckenridge Haunted Tour
Breckenridge, Aug. 10
7:30 p.m., Breckenridge Welcome Center, 203 S Main St. A late evening 90 minute stroll through Breckenridge's haunted historic district. Along the way hear eerie and unexplained stories from Breckenridge's rough and uncertain past. Reservations required by 5 p.m. $15/adult, $10/kid (4-12). Available Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. breckhertiage.com. (970) 453-9767.
Frisco, Aug. 10
noon, Frisco Historical Park, 120 Main St. Avalanches and the Narrow Gauge Railroad: Frisco to Copper.Experience the challenges faced by the Colorado & Southern narrow gauge railroad during winter months in the Ten Mile Canyon between Frisco and Climax.
Living Room Concert Series
Frisco, Aug. 10 & 12
4:30 p.m., Next Page books and Nosh, 409 Main St. Join the local legend Randall McKinnon for a laid back late afternoon of music.
To view a full listing of today's events visit https://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Trending In: Entertainment Nightlife
- Just the Facts: Rockfall causes and effects in the Colorado Rockies (column)
- Summit County’s live music calendar
- Eagles Tribute Concert to benefit Domus Pacis Family Respite
- High Altitude Baking: Coffee meringue cookies (flourless, low-fat recipe)
- Artist Kristof Kosmowski at the Art on a Whim Gallery in Breckenridge,
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system