Volunteer with FDRD for Keystone’s Bacon Tourw
June 18, 2016
I am super excited to announce the Keystone Neighborhood Associations Company and Friends of the Dillon Ranger District (FDRD) will be holding two days of bacon tasting adventures at the sixth annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour. Every year, FDRD provides 74 volunteers over two tasty days. FDRD gathers enough volunteers and then Keystone Neighborhood Company makes a generous donation to FDRD programs.
So join other FDRD volunteers for a few hours. It is a guaranteed once-in-a-lifetime experience. There are a variety of volunteer positions available to suit your skills and talents, including selling Bacon Bucks, providing customer service, distributing tickets, checking IDs and running bacon to vendors. Each volunteer will receive an event t-shirt, a complimentary bacon tasting wrist band, plus the satisfaction that comes with contributing to restoration of Summit County trail systems.
There are two ways to sign up to be a volunteer.
The easiest way is through Volunteer Spot at http://vols.pt/GqbzVY to pick specific jobs and shifts. Just follow the online instructions.
Bacon comes out in about every shape and size
— from bacon cotton candy to bacon drinks...
Recommended Stories For You
Or through the FDRD website to pick just a shift. Go to http://www.fdrd.org, click:
1. "Calendar" tab, and scroll through the calendar
2. Find and click on "Bacon Tour," and choose the day and time (shift) you want
3. Wait for your choices to load
4. Enter your name and email address
5. Pick a shift that suits you
We will meet at the base of Keystone Resort: River Run Village at the FDRD booth. You can always call the office and chat with me on the volunteer job options. Our volunteer hours contribute to making the event a success, and FDRD receives funds when we fill all of our shifts.
You know the saying that "everything tastes better with bacon," then this is the perfect, mouth-watering event for you. Bacon comes out in about every shape and size — from bacon cotton candy to bacon drinks and a bunch of new treats vendors designed just for Bacon Tour 2016. Samples of bacon strips are available with one of the fantastic packages available at keystoneresort.com.
Are you hungry yet? We are. Along with bacon cuisine, you'll enjoy free live music from Banditos, Dirty Bourbon River Show, King Cardinal, Rhythmic Statues, The Ballroom Thieves and Hell's Belles.
The event is Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26 from 1–6 p.m. in River Run Village at Keystone Resort. Admission is free for volunteers. Tasting packages and Bacon Bucks available for purchase. Thank you as always for your support of our Summit County trails, whether it's buying a bacon package to help make Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour a success or by volunteering your time to sustain FDRD's work.
Jasmine Hupcey is the office and volunteer manager for Friends of the Dillon Ranger District. She can be reached at email@example.com. For more information on the organization and volunteer opportunities, visit http://www.fdrd.org.
Trending In: Entertainment Nightlife
- Summit County’s live music calendar
- High Altitude Baking: Almost instant vanilla cupcakes (recipe)
- Haunted getaways: Three Halloween events worth pursuing outside Summit County
- Eagles Tribute Concert to benefit Domus Pacis Family Respite
- High Altitude Baking: Coffee meringue cookies (flourless, low-fat recipe)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall
- A nationally known champion of Native American art, Nancy Blomberg loved Breckenridge’s landscape
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence