Breckenridge’s 15th annual Main Street Art Festival kicks off Friday
August 3, 2016
Nearly 125 artists are displaying their works at Breckenridge's 15th annual Main Street Art Festival this weekend.
The show runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 29-31, opening at 10 a.m., located in the Wellington and Sawmill parking lots on North Main Street, with free admission.
The festival is produced by Mountain Art Festivals, directed by Dick and Tina Cunningham, who hosted another show over July Fourth weekend. Their third summer production is slated for Labor Day, the 41st Annual Gathering at the Great Divide.
"We are very proud of our line-up of juried artists showing their works this weekend," says the father-daughter team. "Locals and visitors will find creative talents galore."
Among the featured artists are Texans Jo Hyman and Erika Bushee, and Jim Clements from Kansas.
Over the years, the Mountain Arts Festivals' shows have received national recognition for their juried quality fields, attendance and sales.
Recommended Stories For You
This weekend's show will have local, regional, national and international artists showing and selling their works.
Trending In: Events
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)