Dillon Dam Brewery wins Silver Award at World Beer Cup
August 5, 2016
On Friday, May 6, the Brewers Association announced the results of one of the largest commercial beer competitions to date: the 2016 World Beer Cup. Dillon Dam Brewery won the Silver Award in the English Style Brown Ale category with its Sweet George's Brown Ale, competing against 50 other entries.
"The Brown has won a few times; it's our biggest medal winner," said Michael Bennett, brewmaster for Dillon Dam.
The Brewers Association developed the bi-annual World Beer Cup competition in 1996 "to celebrate the art and science of brewing," according to its website. The World Beer Cup is considered one of the most prestigious beer competitions in the world, with more than 2,000 breweries from 63 countries submitting 6,596 beers for judging.
"It draws the most breweries, the most entries from all over the world, not just the U.S.," Bennett said.
The judges are a group of more than 200 highly-qualified beer professionals.
"(The award means) that we are still doing the right thing, still making good-quality beer that can still win medals," he said. "The fact that it's won so many times just shows that it's a high-quality product."
Recommended Stories For You
For see a list of the winners, go to worldbeercup.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/WBC-winners-2016.pdf
Trending In: Events
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Hiking near Breckenridge: Mayflower Gulch-Boston-Gold Hill
- The Summit Hiker: A Colorado Hike on the Flower Valley/Upper Straight Creek Trails
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- High Country Crime: Former teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Breckenridge Ski Resort closes 2017-18 season with Plunge (with video)