Dillon Dam Brewery wins Silver Award at World Beer Cup
August 5, 2016
On Friday, May 6, the Brewers Association announced the results of one of the largest commercial beer competitions to date: the 2016 World Beer Cup. Dillon Dam Brewery won the Silver Award in the English Style Brown Ale category with its Sweet George's Brown Ale, competing against 50 other entries.
"The Brown has won a few times; it's our biggest medal winner," said Michael Bennett, brewmaster for Dillon Dam.
The Brewers Association developed the bi-annual World Beer Cup competition in 1996 "to celebrate the art and science of brewing," according to its website. The World Beer Cup is considered one of the most prestigious beer competitions in the world, with more than 2,000 breweries from 63 countries submitting 6,596 beers for judging.
"It draws the most breweries, the most entries from all over the world, not just the U.S.," Bennett said.
The judges are a group of more than 200 highly-qualified beer professionals.
"(The award means) that we are still doing the right thing, still making good-quality beer that can still win medals," he said. "The fact that it's won so many times just shows that it's a high-quality product."
Recommended Stories For You
For see a list of the winners, go to worldbeercup.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/WBC-winners-2016.pdf
Trending In: Events
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited