Lindsey Vonn releases new book Oct. 4
September 24, 2016
Olympic Alpine skier Lindsey Vonn is releasing a new book "Strong Is The New Beautiful: Embrace Your Natural Beauty, Eat Clean, and Harness Your Power," on Oct. 4. In the book, Vonn lays out the training routines and her overall philosophy, which have helped her become one of the best female skiers in the world. Vonn backs up her fitness program with advice on what to eat and how to work out, and the tips and tricks she's learned as a pro.
Vonn bounced back from injury not by doing every single thing a trainer said, but instead, by thinking about the fitness plan that would work for her, and eating the right foods that would make her feel and get healthy. In "Strong Is the New Beautiful," she interweaves her training and diet regimen with compelling stories of her life growing up in the heartland, her love of skiing, the challenges she's faced — including injuries, illness and depression — and her secrets to wellness, fitness and recovery.
Trending In: Events
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs