Photo essay: WAVE lights up the night sky in Breckenridge
June 2, 2018
The public art installations are illuminated in front of the darkened sky one-hour past sundown as visitors with camera phones swarm the Blue River Plaza in Breckenridge. The WAVE art festival, assembled by seven international artists from around the world, makes the town's public spaces into its canvas. The annual four-day festival concludes today, marking the last chance to interact with the light and sound exhibitions in Breckenridge.
Trending In: Events
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
- High Country Baking: the perfect high-altitude pecan pie
- Restaurants in Frisco, Breckenridge and Dillon offer Thanksgiving feasts for the kitchen-challenged
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- Home Cooking: Enjoy a relaxed and flavorful Thanksgiving
- Bell tolls for Breckenridge trail troll as town council votes to remove controversial art piece
- In Summit County, government action on short-term rentals leads to new business
- Danish artist Thomas Dambo wants to save Breckenridge’s embattled trail troll
- Big Boi joins Gramatik for Breck’s Mountain Dew Snow Dance
- Colorado marijuana study finds positives for law enforcement, usage significantly up