Photo essay: WAVE lights up the night sky in Breckenridge
June 2, 2018
The public art installations are illuminated in front of the darkened sky one-hour past sundown as visitors with camera phones swarm the Blue River Plaza in Breckenridge. The WAVE art festival, assembled by seven international artists from around the world, makes the town's public spaces into its canvas. The annual four-day festival concludes today, marking the last chance to interact with the light and sound exhibitions in Breckenridge.
Trending In: Events
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
- Safety first: Copper Mountain Resort, Loveland Ski Area host weekend of safety-related events
- Summit’s Historic Yesterdays: Winter of 1898-’99 buries town under 20 feet of snow
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- Pretty chilly: photos from the Ullr Ice Plunge
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report