PHOTOS: Fire Hose Relay Race at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
February 24, 2018
On Friday morning, teams of five firefighters raced down the mountain holding onto a 50-foot fire hose while zipping around the slalom gates on High Noon run at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area. Exchanging heat-resistant fire boots for ski and snowboard boots, the firefighters from Colorado participated in the 12th annual Fire Hose Relay race, which is a fundraiser for the Burn Camps Program at The Children's Hospital of Colorado.
See more photos of Friday's action online at SummitDaily.com.
Trending In: Events
- Buffalo Mountain Fire 95 percent contained, locals take over
- Buffalo Mountain Fire investigation is underway; officials urge hikers to stay out of the area
- Summit County real estate feeling impact of ‘wealth effect,’ broker says
- Kona, here she comes: Nancy Peters, 60, goes from last to first in four years to win her age group at Ironman Boulder
- Traffic backed up on westbound I-70 near Vail Pass