PHOTOS: Fire Hose Relay Race at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
February 24, 2018
On Friday morning, teams of five firefighters raced down the mountain holding onto a 50-foot fire hose while zipping around the slalom gates on High Noon run at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area. Exchanging heat-resistant fire boots for ski and snowboard boots, the firefighters from Colorado participated in the 12th annual Fire Hose Relay race, which is a fundraiser for the Burn Camps Program at The Children's Hospital of Colorado.
See more photos of Friday's action online at SummitDaily.com.
Trending In: Events
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs