PHOTOS: Fire Hose Relay Race at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
February 24, 2018
On Friday morning, teams of five firefighters raced down the mountain holding onto a 50-foot fire hose while zipping around the slalom gates on High Noon run at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area. Exchanging heat-resistant fire boots for ski and snowboard boots, the firefighters from Colorado participated in the 12th annual Fire Hose Relay race, which is a fundraiser for the Burn Camps Program at The Children's Hospital of Colorado.
See more photos of Friday's action online at SummitDaily.com.
Trending In: Events
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
- High Country Baking: the perfect high-altitude pecan pie
- Restaurants in Frisco, Breckenridge and Dillon offer Thanksgiving feasts for the kitchen-challenged
- Christy Rost hosts her holiday PBS show from historic Breckenridge home
- Cut your own Christmas tree in Summit County
- Dave and Amanda Repsher settle back into Summit County life years after deadly helicopter crash
- Summit County is contemplating changing tax assessment rates on for-profit homeowners
- String of fights at Summit High School could lead to charges against multiple students
- Summit Daily letters: Shame on you, town of Breck
- Slash and burn: photos from the pile burnings along Swan Mountain Road