PHOTOS: Fire Hose Relay Race at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
February 24, 2018
On Friday morning, teams of five firefighters raced down the mountain holding onto a 50-foot fire hose while zipping around the slalom gates on High Noon run at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area. Exchanging heat-resistant fire boots for ski and snowboard boots, the firefighters from Colorado participated in the 12th annual Fire Hose Relay race, which is a fundraiser for the Burn Camps Program at The Children's Hospital of Colorado.
See more photos of Friday's action online at SummitDaily.com.
Trending In: Events
- St. Patrick’s Day events in Breckenridge, Keystone and around Summit County
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
- Roundup of St. Patrick’s Day events around Summit County
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- Easter egg hunts in Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper and more
- VIDEOS: Georgia ski area chairlift malfunctions, flings skiers off as it rolls backwards at significant speed
- Prominent climate scientist predicts Summit County’s climate in 2050. It might not be what you expect
- Frisco Bay Marina’s ‘Big Dig’ would dredge tons of soil to extend boating season, make way for bigger vessels
- Not dead yet: Four-star hotel project in Breckenridge resurfaces
- Federal, state, local authorities work together to avoid catastrophe at Green Mountain Reservoir