Social Summit: Aspiring child models at Young Colors in Breckenridge
October 4, 2014
In late August, Robert and Donna Prescott, owners of Young Colors, chose their store in Breckenridge as the location for a spring fashion photo shoot. The company does not use professional models; rather, it uses the concept "Real Kids Real Colorado," in the natural setting of the store, aspen trees and historic downtown Breckenridge.
"The photo shoot featured two of our brands for spring 2015," Robert Prescott said. "Donna's designs featured the resort collection Silly Sarongs and the newest brand for tweens called Colors — all to be in store next year."
Seventeen years ago, the Prescotts backpacked Southeast Asia and found the art process of batik and hand crochet to use as a basis for their children's brand. The fun and colorful designs are found in the Victorian yellow house at 226 S. Main St. in Breckenridge, across from Starbucks and Bubba Gumps and next to Ruby Jane's.
For more information on Young Colors, visit youngcolors.com.
Trending In: Events
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skimmer charged with pair of misdemeanors, dodging possible felony
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Are e-bikes the future or a scourge on Summit County’s recreation paths?
- Breckenridge breaks ground on $50 million water treatment plant