Social Summit: Dancing with the Mountain Stars raises funds for hospital
October 1, 2014
Noreen Galaba was the judge's choice winner and Kelly Foote danced away with the people's choice award at the seventh-annual Dancing with the Mountain Stars event at the Keystone Conference Center on Saturday, Sept. 13. The event, which this year attracted 720 attendees, is a fundraiser for St. Anthony Summit Medical Center, with proceeds going to help fund educational programming.
The premise for the event comes from the popular television show "Dancing with the Stars," in which celebrities are matched with professional dancers and pitted against one another in competition for best performance. At the Mountain Stars event, the "celebrities" are figures from the local community, and the professionals come in from out of state, bringing their years of experience — including, for some, performances on "Dancing with the Stars" — to assist their partners.
Over the past six years, Dancing with the Mountain Stars has raised more than $600,000 for the hospital, said Debra Edwards, president and chief development officer of the Summit Medical Center Health Foundation, and this year's funds have yet to be tallied to add to that total. The final numbers will be posted on the medical center's website and printed in the Summit Daily News when they are released.
For more information about Dancing with the Mountain Stars, visit http://www.summitmedicalcenter.org/SMC/About-Us/Foundation/Dancing-with-the-Mountain-Stars.
Trending In: Events
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape