Social Summit: Lake Dillon Theatre Company begins Summer Youth Workshops
June 22, 2015
The Lake Dillon Theatre Company hosted the first session of its Summer Youth Workshops from Monday, June 8, through Saturday, June 13.
The program included three different workshops, with all three groups learning songs and choreography for a culminating musical review put on for family and friends.
In Playmakers, for children in kindergarten and first grade, and Intro to Music Theatre, for second- through fourth-graders, the students adapted a book into a play and were involved in writing the play and figuring it out from page to stage. In Music Theatre Intensive, for fifth- through seventh-graders, the kids wrote an original skit based on several fairy tales.
"All three groups gained valuable skills in creating a play and the fundamentals of musical theater," said Tim D. O'Donnell, director of education for LDTC. "Students learned the basics of music theory, stage terms and directions, creating a character and character development."
For more information on additional summer youth theater workshops, or to register, visit http://www.lake dillontheatre.org or call (970) 513-9386.
Trending In: Events
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case