Social Summit: Local brewers pour at Big Beers festival in Vail
January 14, 2015
Summit County brewers from Backcountry Brewery, The Bakers' Brewery and Dillon Dam Brewery trucked their high-octane and experimental brews across the pass to Vail last weekend for the Big Beers, Belgians & Barleywines Festival, held at the Vail Cascade Resort & Spa.
The annual event includes brewmasters' dinners, seminars, a homebrew competition and the Commercial Tasting, one of the premier beer-tasting events in the High Country and, indeed, the nation. This international slice of beer is extremely diverse: Belgians, lambics, sours and mead highlight the lighter end of the spectrum, while the barleywines and strong ales dominate the other, with specialty beers from some of the most creative commercial brewers in the world.
For information about the festival, visit http://www.bigbeersfestival.com.
Trending In: Events
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne