Social Summit: Local brewers pour at Big Beers festival in Vail
January 14, 2015
Summit County brewers from Backcountry Brewery, The Bakers' Brewery and Dillon Dam Brewery trucked their high-octane and experimental brews across the pass to Vail last weekend for the Big Beers, Belgians & Barleywines Festival, held at the Vail Cascade Resort & Spa.
The annual event includes brewmasters' dinners, seminars, a homebrew competition and the Commercial Tasting, one of the premier beer-tasting events in the High Country and, indeed, the nation. This international slice of beer is extremely diverse: Belgians, lambics, sours and mead highlight the lighter end of the spectrum, while the barleywines and strong ales dominate the other, with specialty beers from some of the most creative commercial brewers in the world.
For information about the festival, visit http://www.bigbeersfestival.com.
Trending In: Events
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited