Social Summit: Spirits purveyors pour samples at Still on the Hill
October 30, 2014
This year's Still on the Hill Grand Tasting, part of the Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival, was a sold-out affair, with a line of would-be tasters stretching onto the lawn of the Riverwalk Center in Breckenridge on Saturday, Oct. 25.
Those lucky enough to buy their tickets early were treated to spirits both neat and in cocktail form, allowing each hooch enthusiast a chance to experience the multifaceted world of craft spirits. Cocktails ranged from mojitos and habanero-infused pineapple rum to a whiskey foster topped with whipped cream.
Money raised from Grand Tasting ticket sales and other events throughout the festival weekend went to the Breckenridge Restaurant Association's Scholarship Fund. For more information on the event and participating distilleries, visit http://www.breckenridgecraftspiritsfestival.com.
Trending In: Events
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
- Colorado ski patrollers host book signing, beer release
- High Country Baking: the perfect high-altitude pecan pie
- Home Cooking: Put Christmas dinner on the sideboard and invite your friends and neighbors
- High Country Birding: Is that a crow or a raven?
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to host unprecedented ski mountaineering event
- Copper Mountain looks to open American Flyer by Christmas
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Loveland Pass closed due to snow slide, will remain closed overnight
- District Attorney Bruce Brown says he has only ‘scratched the surface’ of consumer fraud in Summit County