Social Summit: Ullr Fest cranks up in Breckenridge with Ullympics, talent show
January 15, 2015
Ullr Fest jumped into high gear this week with the Ullympics competitions and Breck's Got Talent.
On Tuesday, Jan. 13, competitors partook in wild antics such as the frying-pan toss, group ski racing and ski-boot relay at the annual Ullympics, a zany, ridiculous show of strength and agility in the snow at Carter Park in Breckenridge. Wednesday, Jan. 14, marked the return of Breck's Got Talent, a town-wide talent show hosted by Johnny Brokaw with Always Mountain Time Media.
Breckenridge's annual festival honoring the Norse god of snow continues Friday, Jan. 16, with the brand-new Ullr Bike fat-bike race at 5 p.m., starting at the Breckenridge Nordic Center, and Comedy Night at the Riverwalk Center at 8 p.m. The weeklong event wraps up Saturday, Jan. 17, with the Wild and Scenic Film festival at the Riverwalk Center.
For more details about these events, visit http://www.ullrfest.com.
Trending In: Events
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system