October 10, 2014
Summit locals showed their pension for giving this year, as several organizations gave out their annual awards. Over the summer, the Theobald Awards recognized Bill Fountain for more than 30 years of service preserving Summit County's history. And Breckenridge Mountain Rotary's Philanthropic Organization of the Year award went to Breckenridge Grand Vacations.
Other proud Summit residents, of the four-legged variety, have made their presence known throughout the summer and fall. Moose have become a much more common site in Summit, and as always, it's best to admire them from a distance … even when they're roaming through your backyard.
Trending In: Events
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne