Veterans invited to free Breckenridge Backstage Theatre performance Aug. 6
August 15, 2016
The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre and the Summit County Veterans Service Office are partnering to treat local veterans to an afternoon of theatrical comedy. Veterans are offered free tickets for the matinee performance of the play "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" at 2 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 6.
"We're excited to extend our appreciation to our veterans by inviting them to this hilarious production," Summit County Veterans Service officer Tom Byledbal said in a statement.
Christopher Durang's "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" was the winner of the 2013 Tony Award for best play. Set in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, the play follows siblings Vanya and Sasha through a boisterous family drama when their sister Masha arrives with a new boyfriend and a big announcement.
Veterans are welcome to see the Aug. 6 matinee performance at the Backstage Theatre for free; their significant others can receive a discounted ticket price of $24. Tickets, available on a first-come-first-served basis, can be reserved by calling the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre at (970) 453-0199.
Prior to the show, the Veterans Service Office will provide free appetizers and soft drinks for all attendees, beginning at 1 p.m. Byledbal will give a very brief presentation on available veterans' services.
The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre is located at 121 S. Ridge St., Breckenridge.
Recommended Stories For You
About the Veterans Service Office: The Summit County Veterans Service Office provides veterans with information and assistance related to VA health care benefits, copies of military discharges, home eligibility certificates, service-connected disability compensation, VA pensions and other needs. The office is located at the Frisco Workforce Center, 602 Galena St., Frisco. For more information, visit http://www.SummitCountyCO.gov/veterans.
Trending In: Events
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge
- What to see at the Breckenridge Film Festival
- Parade of Homes event showcases Summit County’s most interesting homes
- CampSight presents branded storytelling at Breckenridge Film Festival
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Developer blasts Silverthorne town council after Hudson Park Lofts project falls through
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Frisco town manager announces resignation effective Oct. 9