Free snowshoe hike at sunset Saturday in Silverthorne
March 8, 2018
The town of Silverthorne is welcoming people to enjoy a free Sunset Snowshoe Hike from 6-9 p.m. Saturday at the Angler Mountain Trailhead.
The hike will come with some nature-based activities, and warm beverages and snacks will be served at North Pond Park following the trek.
Interested participants should bring their own snowshoes, and trekking poles are recommended, according to the town.
To get to the trailhead, people should turn east at the intersection of Highway 9 and Bald Eagle Road.
From there, go about half-a-mile on Bald Eagle Road, and the trailhead will be on the right.
Pre-registration is being requested. People can do so at Silverthorne.org or by calling 970-262-7370.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Silverthorne, Dillon and Breckenridge light trees for the holidays
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- #ExploreSummit: Walking into the weekend
- High Altitude Baking: Gingerbread a traditional holiday treat
- Welcome winter with ‘The Nutcracker Suite’ at Warren Station
- Vail Resorts making big investments, improvements for 19/20 season
- Vail Pass suicide is Summit County’s 11th suicide of the year; officials urge dialogue on crisis
- Parks and Wildlife offers reward for information in illegal killing of elk
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Quandary: Looking at pedestrian safety on the mean streets of Summit County