High Country Baking:Raspberry Cheesecake Torte
April 12, 2017
"Very good… Everyone loved" are some of the notes I've scribbled on this recipe over the years.
It's a shell of soft vanilla cake that embraces tiers of cheesecake, raspberry preserves and an almond streusel.
The layers of flavor and texture are beautifully complementary, and the overall impression is luscious and complex.
It's festive enough to accompany celebration meals and light enough to serve any time of day so consider it for an Easter brunch or a dinner party; it's always a hit.
The only way you can ruin this beauty is to overbake it, so watch carefully.
Vera Dawson is a baking instructor and author of the high-altitude cookbooks Cookies in the Clouds and Baking Above It All, available at The Bookworm in Edwards, and Next Page Bookstore in Frisco. Her recipes have been tested in her Summit County kitchen and, whenever necessary, altered until they work at 9,000 feet altitude. Contact her at email@example.com.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Moose on the mountain: How does Breckenridge Ski Resort handle these sightings?
- New cocktail lounge in the mix after closing of Barkley Ballroom in Frisco
- Aurum opens in Breckenridge intent on being the gold standard of restaurant experiences
- Ullr Fest parade, shot ski take over Breckenridge
- Arapahoe Basin at 70: Top-5 skiable reasons to fall in love with Arapahoe Basin (360 video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report