High Country Baking:Raspberry Cheesecake Torte
April 12, 2017
"Very good… Everyone loved" are some of the notes I've scribbled on this recipe over the years.
It's a shell of soft vanilla cake that embraces tiers of cheesecake, raspberry preserves and an almond streusel.
The layers of flavor and texture are beautifully complementary, and the overall impression is luscious and complex.
It's festive enough to accompany celebration meals and light enough to serve any time of day so consider it for an Easter brunch or a dinner party; it's always a hit.
The only way you can ruin this beauty is to overbake it, so watch carefully.
Vera Dawson is a baking instructor and author of the high-altitude cookbooks Cookies in the Clouds and Baking Above It All, available at The Bookworm in Edwards, and Next Page Bookstore in Frisco. Her recipes have been tested in her Summit County kitchen and, whenever necessary, altered until they work at 9,000 feet altitude. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge International Festival of Arts begins Friday, featuring musical performances, movies and a wooden troll
- What to see at the Breckenridge Film Festival
- Breckenridge Film Festival screens world premiere of ‘Waterlily Jaguar,’ directorial debut of Melora Walters
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Breckenridge Town Council set to ban Segways after Aspen business inquires about expansion
- Quandary muddles over mud season