High Country Baking:Raspberry Cheesecake Torte
April 12, 2017
"Very good… Everyone loved" are some of the notes I've scribbled on this recipe over the years.
It's a shell of soft vanilla cake that embraces tiers of cheesecake, raspberry preserves and an almond streusel.
The layers of flavor and texture are beautifully complementary, and the overall impression is luscious and complex.
It's festive enough to accompany celebration meals and light enough to serve any time of day so consider it for an Easter brunch or a dinner party; it's always a hit.
The only way you can ruin this beauty is to overbake it, so watch carefully.
Vera Dawson is a baking instructor and author of the high-altitude cookbooks Cookies in the Clouds and Baking Above It All, available at The Bookworm in Edwards, and Next Page Bookstore in Frisco. Her recipes have been tested in her Summit County kitchen and, whenever necessary, altered until they work at 9,000 feet altitude. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breck’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape