Keystone to host ‘Women and Whiskey’ event April 8
March 25, 2017
The "Distilled: Speaker and Spirits Series" continues April 8 with "Women and Whiskey" and motivational speaker Amy Purdy, a world-class snowboarder, Paralympic medalist, professional dancer, author and co-founder of Adaptive Action Sports.
Additionally, whiskey expert Megan Breier will be discussing the unique whiskey selections for the evening. Tasting tickets include samples of four bourbons and start at $30 in advance. Buy them at WarrenStation.com.
The spirits that will presented include Jim Beam Double Oak, Basil Hayden's, Markers Mark Private Select and Jim Beam Distillers Masterpiece. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Adaptive Action Sports.
Author to visit Next Page for book signing next week
Peter Himmelman will be talking about and signing copies of his new book, "Let Me Out, Unlock Your Creative Mind and Bring Your Ideas to Life," from 4-6 p.m. Tuesday at Next Page Books and Nosh in Frisco.
Himmelman is a Grammy and Emmy-nominated musician, visual artist and author who uses his company, Big Muse, to unlock the creativity of other companies, organizations and individuals worldwide, according to a news release. He holds an advanced management certificate from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
Recommended Stories For You
The event is being sponsored by the Wounded Heroes Family Ski Week committee, which has been bringing wounded heroes families to Breckenridge for an all-inclusive ski week for the past decade.
Himmelman has come out for this event for the past five years, and he has worked with the soldier's families through musical therapy. For more about the organization, go to WoundedHeroesFamilyAdventures.org.
Deadline to enter Young Composers contest near
Sponsored by Summit Music and Arts, the third annual Young Composers Competition is designed to provide an opportunity for musicians and composers ages 10-18 who live in Clear Creek, Eagle, Grand, Lake, Park, Routt and Summit counties to enter one or more original compositions for critique. The deadline for entries is Saturday. It costs $20 per composition. For details, competition guidelines and regulations, and application forms go to SummitMusicAndArts.org and click on "Events." For questions or to sponsor a young composer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Man who thrived after near-death experience coming to CMC-Breck
The Colorado Mountain College Speaker Series will feature motivational speaker Steve Heidenreich today at the college's Breckenridge campus.
The free presentation will begin at 7 p.m. in the Eileen and Paul Finkel Auditorium. According to a news release, Heidenreich went from having a 90 percent chance of making the 1976 U.S. Olympic Team to having a 5 percent chance to live after he was injured by a hit-and-run driver while training in Indiana.
He then battled back to earn three master's degrees, become a successful coach and special education teacher who's on a mission to inspire others to turn their setbacks into good fortune. Contact Heidi Kunzek at email@example.com or 970-453-6757 ext. 2614 for more info.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- What to see at the Breckenridge Film Festival
- Breckenridge Film Festival screens world premiere of ‘Waterlily Jaguar,’ directorial debut of Melora Walters
- Breckenridge International Festival of Arts begins Friday, featuring musical performances, movies and a wooden troll
- Why do leaves change color? The science behind fall foliage and best places to view around Summit County
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Developer blasts Silverthorne town council after Hudson Park Lofts project falls through
- Jury finds Kenneth Casey guilty in Frisco child pornography trial
- Frisco town manager announces resignation effective Oct. 9
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death