Lake Dillon Theatre Company continues 2017 season with ‘Grounded’
August 10, 2017
The Lake Dillon Theatre Company presents George Brant's "Grounded," a profound and timely play that explores the dissolving boundaries between one woman's two realities.
The show opens tonight with performances on various dates through Aug. 20. Tickets are $29-$46 and may be purchased by visiting LakeDillonTheatre.org or calling 970-513-9386.
The play concerns an ace fighter pilot whose career is cut short by an unexpected pregnancy, and she eventually accepts a position operating drones from a windowless trailer outside Las Vegas, according to a news release. However, the pressure escalates, and her roles as mother and sniper begin to blur.
"We are thrilled to welcome back LDTC alumn Lauren Nordvig in the role of the pilot as she struggles in her own 'new beginnings' as mother, wife and drone pilot," said Chris Alleman, LDTC's producing artistic director and director of "Grounded."
"The pilot deserves every ounce of energy, preparation and focus I can bring to her," said Nordvig, the only actor in the play. "It will take detailed research, countless sit-ups, less carbs, miles on the treadmill and probably all the memory I can spare. Discipline is as imperative for artists as it is for fighter pilots, so I'm happy to stretch that muscle and see just how high I can fly."
This is the second production of the Lab Solo Series, a new season of one-person shows, the launch of which coincides with the opening of The Lake Dillon Theatre Company's new home at the Silverthorne Performing Arts Center.
Recommended Stories For You
The Lab Solo productions will take place in the new Lab Theatre, which seats approximately 40 people.
The play features lighting design by Travis Baldwin, costume design by Shannon O'Donnell, sound design by Joseph Reynolds, and scenic coordination and stage management by Ben Whitmore.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Breckenridge Music Festival, National Repertory Orchestra to play joint concert on Saturday
- Three-day Lake Dillon Arts Festival brings 75 artists to Summit County this weekend
- Breckenridge Music Festival’s orchestra takes stage Thursday
- Five Summit County hikes for colorful wildflowers in peak season
- Top 5 summer activities on Lake Dillon in Frisco, Colorado
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death
- Justin Erwin trial hears testimony from accuser’s boyfriend, bartenders
- Successful fight against the Buffalo Mountain Fire rooted in stellar performances, strong relationships
- Erwin faces his accuser, law enforcement officials, in second day of testimony
- Is it time for Summit County residents to start prepping roofs for winter?