Live music calendar for Summit County
January 28, 2017
Sunday, Jan. 29
9 p.m., Barkley Ballroom, 610 Main St., Frisco. Dopapod plays progressive rock and dance music. The group has earned praise from taste making critics like Huffington Post, Jambase and Relix. Tickets are $10.
Wednesday, Feb. 1
Bill Hearne Trio & River Kittens
7 p.m. (first band), 10 p.m. (second band), The Historic Brown Hotel, 206 N. Ridge St., Breckenridge. Bill Hearne Trio will play an acoustic set or two featuring honkytonk, ole time tunes and raw country music. River Kittens play a unique combination of folk, Americana and bluegrass with soaring three-piece harmonies. Cover charge of $10.
Recommended Stories For You
Bluegrass Picking Night
7:30 p.m., Prosit, 313 Main St., Frisco. Experienced and beginner bluegrass musicians are invited to bring their instruments and play in a group setting.
9 p.m., The Barkley Ballroom, 610 Main St., Frisco. Whitewater Ramble uses bluegrass instrumentation, adds drums and finishes with Americana-rooted grooves. The band will pick on Jerry Garcia. Free.
Live Band Karaoke
9:30 p.m., The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St., Breckenridge. Live Karaoke Kings are your backing band with over 70 songs in their catalog. No cover.
Thursday, Feb. 2
10 p.m., The Historic Brown Hotel, 206 N. Ridge St., Breckenridge. Denver-based The Workshy is an eclectic six-piece funk group that pulls influences from jazz, blues and more. Free.
Friday, Feb. 3
Smooth Money Gesture
10 p.m. The Historic Brown Hotel, 206 N. Ridge St., Breckenridge. A modern rock 'n' roll band based in Nederland that plays improvisational high-energy psychedelic rock. Free.
9 p.m., The Barkley Ballroom, 610 Main St., Frisco. Funk Trek is a nine-piece band with four horns and intense, high-energy live funk. Free.
10 p.m., The Goat Tavern, 22954 U.S. Highway 6, Keystone. The Railbenders are a Denver-based band that blend outlaw country and alt-country with dynamic live shows. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door.
Saturday, Feb. 4
9 p.m., The Barkley Ballroom, 610 Main St., Frisco. Thin Air is a Widespread Panic tribute band that strives to capture the essence of Panic as accurately as possible in sound and delivery. Free.
Lionel Young Band and Michael Hornbuckle Band
10 p.m., The Goat Tavern, 22954 U.S. Highway 6, Keystone. Lionel Young Band won the 2011 International Blues Challenge band competition and has played with greats like Stevie Wonder. Michael Hornbuckle has been bringing blues and rock music to people for two decades and opened for greats, like the Doobie Brothers. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door.
10 p.m., The Historic Brown Hotel, 206 N. Ridge St., Breckenridge. Envy Alo has quickly created a unique signature sound built on an array of diverse influences ranging …from old school organ-trio jazz/funk to newer, heavier rock and fusion stylings. Free.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- What to see at the Breckenridge Film Festival
- Aurum opens in Breckenridge intent on being the gold standard of restaurant experiences
- Breckenridge International Festival of Arts begins Friday, featuring musical performances, movies and a wooden troll
- Breckenridge Town Council set to ban Segways after Aspen business inquires about expansion
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Vote to save the Tabor. Leadville’s iconic Tabor Opera House the only Colorado site selected for national preservation campaign
- Opinion | Liddick: Democrats show deep hypocrisy in Kavanaugh confirmation
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt