Mardi Gras 4Paws: The best-dressed dogs in Frisco
February 25, 2017
A little pup named "Lucky" won honors in the 2017 Mardis Gras 4Paws on Saturday.
Organizers said pet owners registered almost three-dozen dogs for the fourth annual costume parade through downtown Frisco. While everyone was welcome — dogs and people, alike — the costume prizes were reserved for the dogs, and the top award went to Lucky being walked by his owner Jenise Jensen.
The event served as a fundraiser for the many programs of League for Animals and People of the Summit — or LAPS for short — said Sally Beerup, president of the League for Animals and People of Summit. Those programs include the nonprofit group's assistance for low-income spay and neuter, low-income medical and surgical aid and more. The event was sponsored by LAPS, the town of Frisco and The Lost Cajun restaurants in Frisco and Breckenridge.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape