Mardi Gras 4Paws: The best-dressed dogs in Frisco
February 25, 2017
A little pup named "Lucky" won honors in the 2017 Mardis Gras 4Paws on Saturday.
Organizers said pet owners registered almost three-dozen dogs for the fourth annual costume parade through downtown Frisco. While everyone was welcome — dogs and people, alike — the costume prizes were reserved for the dogs, and the top award went to Lucky being walked by his owner Jenise Jensen.
The event served as a fundraiser for the many programs of League for Animals and People of the Summit — or LAPS for short — said Sally Beerup, president of the League for Animals and People of Summit. Those programs include the nonprofit group's assistance for low-income spay and neuter, low-income medical and surgical aid and more. The event was sponsored by LAPS, the town of Frisco and The Lost Cajun restaurants in Frisco and Breckenridge.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Moose on the mountain: How does Breckenridge Ski Resort handle these sightings?
- New cocktail lounge in the mix after closing of Barkley Ballroom in Frisco
- Ullr Fest parade, shot ski take over Breckenridge
- Breckenridge honors Norse god of snow with Ullr Fest
- 19th annual Big Beers, Belgians and Barleywines Festival returns to Breckenridge for third year
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak