Oktoberfest is back with events at Breckenridge and Keystone resorts
August 22, 2018
Oktoberfest is coming to Summit County as the town of Breckenridge and both Arapahoe Basin and Keystone resorts will hold their own versions of the traditional German beer festival in September.
A-Basin will host its first Oktoberfest event on Sept. 15 from 12 to 4 p.m. at the Mountain Goat Plaza. The event will feature live Austrian folk music, Paulaner beer and pretzels.
Keystone will host its 6th Oktoberfest celebration Saturday, Sept. 1 from 12 p.m. onwards at River Run village. Keystone's event will include the annual Das Bier Burner 5K fun run, which raises money for SOS Outreach, and a village merchant tent sale. A beer garden will feature seasonal craft beers from New Belgium Brewery as well as schnitzel and brats. "Those Austrian Guys" will play live music along with traditional German dance performances from the Edelweiss Schuhplattlers.
Finally, Breckenridge will host the largest Oktoberfest celebration in the region from Sept. 7-9. Breckenridge's Main Street will close and turn into a street party with traditional costumes, German food, polka music, Bavarian dancers, children's activities, a keg-tapping ceremony, and 5K run.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Lee Roy Parnell slides into Copper Country music festival
- Home Cooking: Enjoy a relaxed and flavorful Thanksgiving
- Like its flagship bourbon, Breckenridge Distillery just keeps getting better with age
- Hey, Spike! finds tiny homes rolling up big time
- Breckenridge International Festival of Arts begins Friday, featuring musical performances, movies and a wooden troll
- Bell tolls for Breckenridge trail troll as town council votes to remove controversial art piece
- Danish artist Thomas Dambo wants to save Breckenridge’s embattled trail troll
- In Summit County, government action on short-term rentals leads to new business
- Colorado marijuana study finds positives for law enforcement, usage significantly up