On The Hill: Charging E-Chair trees with pow bomb blasts at Breck (snow video)
January 7, 2017
VIDEO: It’s the weekend after the storm and Z Griff is lapping the Breckenridge trees, just waiting for ski patrol to finish avalanche mitigation and open the high-alpine terrain Breck is known for. He also battles with brutal cold — it barely got above single digits after the storm cleared out — but never fear: this weekend is looking sunny and crisp, with warming temperatures until the next round of snow on Monday or Tuesday.
Breckenridge official report: 0″ in 24 hours, 9″ in 48 hours, 19″ in 7 days
Summit daily field report: Sunny and blue and crispy cold, but it will warm up throughout the day. Going to be excellent conditions out there.
Weather: High of 28 F, low of 13 F. Sunny, but still quite cold so cover up.
Lift lines: The cold will keep some at bay but the warriors will be here.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: I love the smell of charges in the morning. Avalanche work yesterday for zones that will open today means goodies in the high alpine. Groomers will be great and the sun is out but it remains pretty cold out there.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge International Festival of Arts begins Friday, featuring musical performances, movies and a wooden troll
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- New ‘Summit Bike Share’ launches in Breckenridge
- Krueger: Thoughtful trail rules for your dog and you
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs