Photographer Patrick Whalen among 1st Silverthorne Fine Art Festival roster
July 14, 2018
Bringing "cerebral images captured with high resolution cameras" to the first Silverthorne Fine Art Festival this weekend, photographer Patrick Whalen is a veteran touring artist.
"They are printed on archival fine art paper and aluminum," explains Whalen. "Images are more about creating a mood or telling a story."
Whalen became interested in photography serving in the Air Force in the late '60s, and while in Vietnam he purchased a camera. In 1973 after being discharged from the Air Force he went back to college. While there he took a photography course for one semester. That was his only formal training.
Whalen set up his first darkroom in 1973. For over 40 years he did traditional film photography, and now does digital imaging.
He calls San Antonio, Florida home and for over 20 years has participated in juried art shows. He has done most of the big shows in the country and won many awards.
You can find Whalen and his photography at Silverthorne Fine Art Festival at North Pond Park from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
For more info see Whalen's website: PatrickWhalen.com
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Dillon’s Ice Castles promise fun for visitors, profits for businesses
- Carly Pearce to perform at Dillon’s Mountain High Jam on Saturday
- Krueger: The art of raising your pup to be a successful dog
- #ExploreSummit: Winter adventures
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- String of fights at Summit High School could lead to charges against multiple students
- Summit County is contemplating changing tax assessment rates on for-profit homeowners
- Big Boi joins Gramatik for Breck’s Mountain Dew Snow Dance
- Isak Heartstone saved? Artist claims deal with Breckenridge to rebuild beloved troll
- Slash and burn: photos from the pile burnings along Swan Mountain Road