Photos: Denver artist creates mural for Silverthorne Performing Arts Center outdoor stage
October 7, 2017
Denver artist Mike Graves was in Silverthorne this week at the town's new Performing Arts Center, spray-painting a mural for the outdoor stage.
Graves is a multi-disciplinary artist, focusing on a large range of mediums, including paintings, illustrations, murals and art figures, according to his bio. His goal is to paint whimsical, bright character-based work that brings people joy and helps them feel like a child again. His art has been seen in Hawaii, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Phoenix, Miami, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Canada, Australia and the U.K.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- Powder parties: Celebrate the opening of ski resorts with music, giveaways, beer
- Hey, Spike! finds tiny homes rolling up big time
- Final show at the Barkley Ballroom in Frisco leaves owners feeling nostalgic
- New Vietnamese restaurant in Breckenridge pairs mother and her three daughters
- In Summit County, government action on short-term rentals leads to new business
- Big Boi joins Gramatik for Breck’s Mountain Dew Snow Dance
- ‘Bring the stoke!’: OpenSnow’s Joel Gratz energizes locals for winter at Breckenridge speech
- Copper Mountain Resort wants to expand snowmaking, trails and overnight camping options
- For Veterans Day, Silverthorne resident and WWII fighter pilot Boot Gordon recalls his service to his country