Photos: Denver artist creates mural for Silverthorne Performing Arts Center outdoor stage
October 7, 2017
Denver artist Mike Graves was in Silverthorne this week at the town's new Performing Arts Center, spray-painting a mural for the outdoor stage.
Graves is a multi-disciplinary artist, focusing on a large range of mediums, including paintings, illustrations, murals and art figures, according to his bio. His goal is to paint whimsical, bright character-based work that brings people joy and helps them feel like a child again. His art has been seen in Hawaii, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Phoenix, Miami, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Canada, Australia and the U.K.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Safety first: Copper Mountain Resort, Loveland Ski Area host weekend of safety-related events
- Moose on the mountain: How does Breckenridge Ski Resort handle these sightings?
- Reader photos: peaks and peeks
- #ExploreSummit: White winter
- New cocktail lounge in the mix after closing of Barkley Ballroom in Frisco
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area