Photos from Frisco, Colorado, Ugly Sweater Challenge
December 16, 2016
The snow was falling fast and thick as the contestants — both human and canine — arrived at the Frisco Nordic Center on Saturday, Dec. 10, scene of this year's Ugly Holiday Sweater Challenge.
The competition included a trek through deep powder along the 1.5 km course where style and finesse were key; target practice, weaving between Christmas trees, a wreath toss and limbo bar were obstacles confronting the contestants along the route.
Among those competing: Santa holding hands with a dinosaur, two young elves twinkling with sparkling lights, a couple trapped in one single large sweater, and various dogs with ribbons, bows, colorful jackets, and reindeer antlers.
Cookies and milk were waiting for all race contestants, and awards were given out for the Most Ugly Holiday Sweater based on cheers from the crowd of on-lookers on this wintery afternoon.
All adjourned to Greco's for refreshments, adult beverages and further revelry.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Krueger: Thoughtful trail rules for your dog and you
- Breckenridge International Festival of Arts begins Friday, featuring musical performances, movies and a wooden troll
- Book Review: ‘POW’ by Colorado native Tim Reinholt
- Summit High School graduate Mandy Moore completes choreography for ‘La La Land’
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-TenMile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect