Powder Awards hosted in Breckenridge
December 6, 2016
The 17th annual Powder Awards will this year be hosted in Breckenridge on Thursday, Dec. 8. Celebrating the best in skiing cinematography, photography and athletic achievement, the Powder Awards brings its 16-year history to the newly revamped Winter Dew Tour. With the ski awards event opening the weekend, the Dew Tour establishes its new festival-style format with a blend of awards' shows, music, on-snow events and action sports culture. The event also showcases readers' favorite skiers with the annual Powder Poll.
Highlighting the best ski films and athletes of the year, the Powder Awards will be at the Riverwalk Center, 150 W. Adams Ave., Breckenridge, and is open to the public. Tickets are $12 general admission and can be purchased at breckcreate.org. Doors open at 7:15, with the awards beginning at 8 p.m. For more information go to PowderAwards.com.
Trending In: Explore Summit
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- What to see at the Breckenridge Film Festival
- Breckenridge Film Festival screens world premiere of ‘Waterlily Jaguar,’ directorial debut of Melora Walters
- Breckenridge International Festival of Arts begins Friday, featuring musical performances, movies and a wooden troll
- Why do leaves change color? The science behind fall foliage and best places to view around Summit County
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Developer blasts Silverthorne town council after Hudson Park Lofts project falls through
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Frisco town manager announces resignation effective Oct. 9