Arapahoe Basin opens uphill access Saturday afternoon
November 12, 2017
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opened its uphill access for the first time this ski season Saturday afternoon at approximately 4:15 p.m.
In a statement, A-Basin said it intends to have uphill access open in the morning prior to lift operating hours as well.
Uphill access will remain closed during the ski area's normal operating hours.
A-Basin advises skiers and snowboarders to check their website for current statuses of uphill access, at ArapahoeBasin.com/snow and scrolling to the bottom of the page.
The ski area also said uphill access can be affected by mountain operations like avalanche mitigation and winch cat grooming.
A-Basin's first "Rise 'n' Shine Rando" will be this Tuesday morning.
Trending In: Recreation
- Keystone, Breckenridge ski resorts outline future upgrades for 2017-18 season
- 2017 Breck Spring Open is back with $20K in prize money for skiers, snowboarders April 1
- Birds of Prey World Cup races get official go-ahead
- Colorado 14ers on the horizon: Get in shape for hiking season
- Vincent Kriechmayr earns his first World Cup win
- Dave and Amanda Repsher settle back into Summit County life years after deadly helicopter crash
- Summit Daily letters: Shame on you, town of Breck
- Summit County is contemplating changing tax assessment rates on for-profit homeowners
- String of fights at Summit High School could lead to charges against multiple students
- Breckenridge forms ‘troll task force’ to find Isak Heartstone’s new home