Arapahoe Basin opens uphill access Saturday afternoon
November 12, 2017
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opened its uphill access for the first time this ski season Saturday afternoon at approximately 4:15 p.m.
In a statement, A-Basin said it intends to have uphill access open in the morning prior to lift operating hours as well.
Uphill access will remain closed during the ski area's normal operating hours.
A-Basin advises skiers and snowboarders to check their website for current statuses of uphill access, at ArapahoeBasin.com/snow and scrolling to the bottom of the page.
The ski area also said uphill access can be affected by mountain operations like avalanche mitigation and winch cat grooming.
A-Basin's first "Rise 'n' Shine Rando" will be this Tuesday morning.
Trending In: Recreation
- Colorado 14ers on the horizon: Get in shape for hiking season
- Bootprints Hiking Guide: The mysteries of the Gore Range, Part 2
- Ski Granby Ranch replacing part that likely led to fatal chairlift incident
- Splitboarding 101: Ten backcountry snowboarding lessons from Weston Snowboards
- 2017 GoPro Big Mountain Challenge is back in Breck March 18-19
- St. Anthony Summit breaks relationship with Vail-Summit Orthopedics for emergency trauma surgeons
- Summit County completes landmark deal to protect 1,125 acres of open land near Heeney from development
- Another piece falls into place for ‘legacy’ housing project in Silverthorne
- Texas hiker airlifted off Maroon Peak after falling 100 feet into gully