Arapahoe Basin opens uphill access Saturday afternoon
November 12, 2017
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opened its uphill access for the first time this ski season Saturday afternoon at approximately 4:15 p.m.
In a statement, A-Basin said it intends to have uphill access open in the morning prior to lift operating hours as well.
Uphill access will remain closed during the ski area's normal operating hours.
A-Basin advises skiers and snowboarders to check their website for current statuses of uphill access, at ArapahoeBasin.com/snow and scrolling to the bottom of the page.
The ski area also said uphill access can be affected by mountain operations like avalanche mitigation and winch cat grooming.
A-Basin's first "Rise 'n' Shine Rando" will be this Tuesday morning.
Trending In: Recreation
- YSL crowns 2017 overall team and individual champs, plus 2017 GoPro Big Mountain Challenge
- 2017 Breck Spring Open is back with $20K in prize money for skiers, snowboarders April 1
- 2017 GoPro Big Mountain Challenge is back in Breck March 18-19
- Breckenridge Ski Resort celebrates closing day with Breck Plunge
- Breckenridge Ski Resort to skiers: Uphill access isn’t yet open
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skimmer charged with pair of misdemeanors, dodging possible felony
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver