On The Hill: A-Basin wins the midweek powder jackpot with 9″ (snow video)
February 9, 2017
VIDEO: For what felt like the first time all season, a snowstorm didn’t bring the predicted foot-plus of fresh snow to Summit County resorts — except for A-Basin. Z Griff picked his cards right and headed into the shadow of the Continental Divide for a powder day with the gang. There was powder slashing, cliff dropping, cornice popping — what more can you ask for miweek in February?
Breckenridge official report: 0″ overnight, 1″ in 24 hours, 7″ in 48 hours
Summit Daily field report: The wind was whipping yesterday and left some of the high alpine closed. Today the sun comes out and there should be goods all around.
Weather: High of 41F, Low of 31F. Mostly Sunny with some wind gusts.
Lift lines: Thursday could see some pow-hungry people.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: The sun will come out today and temps are going to be very nice. The high alpine will have some excellent snow and deposits.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- High Country Crime: Former teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it