On the Hill: A cold and crispy morning at Breckenridge Ski Resort
December 28, 2014
VIDEO:Summit Daily’s On The Hill snow correspondent Zachary Griffin, a.k.a. ZGriff, hits the 4 O’Clock stash on Peak 8 at Breckenridge Ski Resort on a cold and crispy morning. Bring some extra layers today as the wind chill is in the negative teens.
BRECKENRIDGE REPORT: 0″ overnight, 0″ in 24 hours, 3″ in 48 hours
SUMMIT DAILY FIELD REPORT: It has been snowing lightly since the report and there is a nice powder coating on packed-powder groomed runs.
WEATHER: High of 21 degrees, low of 0, with windchill values in the negative teens. Gusts of wind. Not too bad out with the right gear.
Recommended Stories For You
LIFT LINES: It will be busy out there today.
BREAKDOWN: The snow we received since the report came out this morning is a nice powder coat on some groomed runs. Wind has deposited snow in places and smoothed spots out. It’s cold out but a lot of fun. Going to be busy with holiday crowds. Busses running late and lots of people in line and on runs.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Developer: This is the best chance to ‘Finish Peak 8 the right way’
- Invitation to dog’s birthday party goes viral in Summit County
- Another mad month for Summit County sales as March numbers find towns all up — again
- High Country Crime: Parachute family held hostage
- HighSide in Frisco brings number of breweries operating in Summit County up to eight