On the Hill: A cold and crispy morning at Breckenridge Ski Resort
December 28, 2014
VIDEO:Summit Daily’s On The Hill snow correspondent Zachary Griffin, a.k.a. ZGriff, hits the 4 O’Clock stash on Peak 8 at Breckenridge Ski Resort on a cold and crispy morning. Bring some extra layers today as the wind chill is in the negative teens.
BRECKENRIDGE REPORT: 0″ overnight, 0″ in 24 hours, 3″ in 48 hours
SUMMIT DAILY FIELD REPORT: It has been snowing lightly since the report and there is a nice powder coating on packed-powder groomed runs.
WEATHER: High of 21 degrees, low of 0, with windchill values in the negative teens. Gusts of wind. Not too bad out with the right gear.
Recommended Stories For You
LIFT LINES: It will be busy out there today.
BREAKDOWN: The snow we received since the report came out this morning is a nice powder coat on some groomed runs. Wind has deposited snow in places and smoothed spots out. It’s cold out but a lot of fun. Going to be busy with holiday crowds. Busses running late and lots of people in line and on runs.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Breckenridge Lake Chutes on a bluebird day with fresh snow (video)
- On The Hill: Powder laps on Loveland Pass after the storm (video)
- On The Hill: Snowy Ravinos induction in Vail on St. Pat’s (snow video)
- On The Hill: Tribute to Josh Malay on Malay Day at Beaver Creek (snow video)
- On the Hill video: Backcountry runs on Vail Pass
- Three Summit County snowboarders advance to Big Air finals at 2018 Winter Olympics; Red Gerard makes cut by quarter-point
- Summit County and Vail regions prone to larger, more destructive avalanches as snowfall picks up
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Summit’s most expensive house in January tops $3 million
- Breckenridge’s new police chief Jim Baird making switch from college town to ski town