On the Hill: A cold and crispy morning at Breckenridge Ski Resort
December 28, 2014
VIDEO:Summit Daily’s On The Hill snow correspondent Zachary Griffin, a.k.a. ZGriff, hits the 4 O’Clock stash on Peak 8 at Breckenridge Ski Resort on a cold and crispy morning. Bring some extra layers today as the wind chill is in the negative teens.
BRECKENRIDGE REPORT: 0″ overnight, 0″ in 24 hours, 3″ in 48 hours
SUMMIT DAILY FIELD REPORT: It has been snowing lightly since the report and there is a nice powder coating on packed-powder groomed runs.
WEATHER: High of 21 degrees, low of 0, with windchill values in the negative teens. Gusts of wind. Not too bad out with the right gear.
Recommended Stories For You
LIFT LINES: It will be busy out there today.
BREAKDOWN: The snow we received since the report came out this morning is a nice powder coat on some groomed runs. Wind has deposited snow in places and smoothed spots out. It’s cold out but a lot of fun. Going to be busy with holiday crowds. Busses running late and lots of people in line and on runs.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Bell tolls for Breckenridge trail troll as town council votes to remove controversial art piece
- Breckenridge takes down trail troll
- Isak Heartstone saved? Artist claims deal with Breckenridge to rebuild beloved troll
- Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin ski areas to open new terrain
- Danish artist Thomas Dambo wants to save Breckenridge’s embattled trail troll