On The Hill: A rip down Prom Dress at A-Basin’s North Pole on Denim Appreciation Day (snow video)
May 10, 2016
On The Hill is brought to you by The Steadman Clinic and the Steadman Philippon Research Institute.
VIDEO: Friday, April 1 was Denim Appreciation Day and Z Griff headed to the Basin with his original crew. We hiked up the North Pole to rip off the Prom Dress, a run I’ve wanted to do for years. Since getting on Weston, Z Griff has quit freestyling…April fools.
Breck snow report: 0″, 0″, 11″ in 7 days
Summit Daily field report: It’s another spring stunner with possible snow in the forecast for later tonight.
Weather: High 52 F, low 29 F. Sunny.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: It should be pretty light today. That’s the beauty of April: sunny skies, no lines.
Breakdown: When everyone at A-Basin was busy getting their Gaper Day on, Z Griff and pals headed up to North Pole for a rip down Prom Dress. That means there’s still enough snow for hike-to terrain with 2 guaranteed months left in the A-Basin season. Get out and enjoy it.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Bashing berms at the Eldora Ditchslap banked slalom (video)
- On The Hill: Summit legend Trygve Berge and Breck’s Twin Chutes (video)
- On The Hill: 2-for-1 riding Quandary on 4/20 and park laps with Ripperoo
- On The Hill: Sledding the old-school Silver Streak at Carter Park (video)
- On The Hill: Smashing turns at the 2017 Slash and Burn banked slalom in Steamboat (video)
- Family of deceased inmate sues Summit County Sheriff’s Office, citing ‘shameful history’ of ignoring medical needs
- Summit County police blotter: Englishman steals $500 scarf off man’s neck in Breckenridge
- Treacherous mountain travel causes crashes, massive traffic as snow and spring-breakers hit roadways
- Obituary: Jennifer Ann Voxakis
- Takeaways from Summit Daily’s Colorado Olympics discussion