On The Hill: A snowstorm for Keystone opening day (video)
December 22, 2015
On The Hill is brought to you by The Steadman Clinic and the Steadman Philippon Research Institute.
VIDEO: On The Hill correspondent Z Griff heads out in the snowstorm for opening day at Keystone on Nov. 6. The resort saw more than a foot of fresh snow in the 48 hours before opening, including nearly 5 inches the night before.
Snow report: It’s a bluebird day out there, but the weather has stayed chilly enough to protect the fresh we had on Friday.
Summit Daily field report: It’s sunny and gorgeous. Enough said.
Weather: Reports are calling for sun all day today and Monday, with another storm rolling through on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: Keystone still has just two lifts open (River Run Gondola and Montezuma Express), so expect at least 10-15 minutes on a busy Sunday.
Breakdown: Sure it snowed, but it’s only early season, so don’t expect the greatest snow and get hurt. Just get out there!
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Resorts making big investments, improvements for 19/20 season
- Vail Pass suicide is Summit County’s 11th suicide of the year; officials urge dialogue on crisis
- Parks and Wildlife offers reward for information in illegal killing of elk
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Quandary: Looking at pedestrian safety on the mean streets of Summit County