On The Hill: A snowstorm for Keystone opening day (video)
December 22, 2015
On The Hill is brought to you by The Steadman Clinic and the Steadman Philippon Research Institute.
VIDEO: On The Hill correspondent Z Griff heads out in the snowstorm for opening day at Keystone on Nov. 6. The resort saw more than a foot of fresh snow in the 48 hours before opening, including nearly 5 inches the night before.
Snow report: It’s a bluebird day out there, but the weather has stayed chilly enough to protect the fresh we had on Friday.
Summit Daily field report: It’s sunny and gorgeous. Enough said.
Weather: Reports are calling for sun all day today and Monday, with another storm rolling through on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: Keystone still has just two lifts open (River Run Gondola and Montezuma Express), so expect at least 10-15 minutes on a busy Sunday.
Breakdown: Sure it snowed, but it’s only early season, so don’t expect the greatest snow and get hurt. Just get out there!
Trending In: On The Hill
- Developer: This is the best chance to ‘Finish Peak 8 the right way’
- High Country Crime: Parachute family held hostage
- Another mad month for Summit County sales as March numbers find towns all up — again
- The Summit Daily profiles seven exceptional Summit High School seniors before they graduate
- Breckenridge reels from boy’s death as investigation into fatal truck-on-bike collision continues