On The Hill: An ode to Bowie in the Ballroom at Breck (video)
February 22, 2016
On The Hill is brought to you by The Steadman Clinic and the Steadman Philippon Research Institute.
VIDEO: Z Griff makes his first sidecountry trip of the season to a Breckenridge favorite: Ballroom. It’s a hike-to piece of unmaintained U.S. Forest Service property with stellar snow, wide meadows and plenty of trees, and it’s all found not far from Falcon Chair on Peak 10. Z Griff gives a crash course on what to know before you leave the resort through a gate. In David Bowie’s words, “Let’s dance.”
Breckenridge official report: 0″, 0″, 1″
Summit Daily field report: It is a nice and brisk morning. The recent snow has conditions skiing and riding well.
Weather: 24° high, low 3°
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: This being Monday might mean that lines will be o.k. after a busy weekend.
Breakdown: It is a beautiful morning and the mountain is back to being a little less crowded. Watch as Zgriff and pals recap their hike to Ballroom and we do a dance dedicated to a spaceman. “Let’s dance, let’s dance. For fear your grace should fall. Let’s dance. For fear tonight is all.” — David Bowie
Trending In: On The Hill
- Breckenridge, ski resort reach deal to build parking garage on South Gondola Lot
- Loveland Pass closed due to snow slide, will remain closed overnight
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Breckenridge reaches an agreement with ski resort on parking garage
- Frisco approves new short-term rental ordinance