On The Hill: April backcountry at A-Basin with the boys (snow video)
June 10, 2016
On The Hill is brought to you by The Steadman Clinic and the Steadman Philippon Research Institute.
VIDEO: Z Griff takes a trip out of bounds near Arapahoe Basin for fresh turns through the tight trees at Beav’s, a hike-to piece of backcountry. Remember to make a plan, know your safety basics and pack the proper gear before heading into the great green yonder, even late in the season.
Snow report: 4″, 8″, 30″ in past 7 days
Summit Daily field report: The clouds are hanging low and heavy with patches of blue sky. The snow is perfectly rideable.
Weather: High 38 F, low 18 F. Overcast with chance of snow this afternoon.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: Still like spring out there: open and empty.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne