On The Hill: At the USASA Nationals ski halfpipe with young Axl Bonenberger (snow video)
June 1, 2016
On The Hill is brought to you by The Steadman Clinic and the Steadman Philippon Research Institute.
VIDEO: Closing day is in sight for most of Summit County and Z Griff is getting ready for the last-minute storm, which might bring 2-4 feet between Friday night and Monday morning. Until then, On The Hill puts a spotlight on the youngest halfpipe skiers at the USASA National Championships in Copper earlier this week.
Breckenridge official report: 0″, 0″, 0″
Summit Daily field report: There has been excellent spring conditions of late with partial clouds keeping it from turning to soup by noon. Today, we are staring down a grey cloud that could signal the start of a spring storm that has some weight behind it.
Weather: High of 39 F, Low of 22 F. A chance of snow showers before 11 a.m., then a chance of rain and thunderstorms and turning into snow tonight.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: Just fine.
Breakdown: Spring grey day with excellent corduroy and park conditions.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: An ode to Bowie in the Ballroom at Breck (video)
- On the Hill: Checking out a secret log jib on Peak 9 in Breckenridge
- On The Hill: 2-for-1 riding Quandary on 4/20 and park laps with Ripperoo
- On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
- On The Hill: Breck’s Freeway jump line with the best of the best (video)
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Olympic odds, ends & trends: Red Gerard’s sense of humor shines through on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Video: Man whistles to moose in Frisco, tries to pet it as it charges
- Silverthorne wants a parade to honor Olympic gold medalist Red Gerard
- The Longevity Project | Part 3: Despite nation-leading longevity, Colorado mountain communities face significant health challenges