On The Hill: Backcountry 101 at Mayflower Gulch with Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
February 23, 2017
VIDEO: After what seems like months without fresh snow (it was really only three weeks), winter returned to Summit County this morning with on again, off again storms across the county. Z Griff and the Weston Snowboards crew took advantage of warm temps and bluebird skies for an educational ride trip with Colorado Snowboard Guides, a local outfit that specializes in backcountry travel and safety. First up: the ins and outs of snowpack analysis at Mayflower Gulch.
Breckenridge official report: 0″, 0″, 0″
Summit Daily field report: We are staring down a system and looking at some totals in the state by the weekend.
Weather: High of 23F, low of 3F. Snow. Temperatures falling and breezy with wind 13 -20 mph. 90 percent chance of precipitation with 1-3″ projected throughout the day.
Lift lines: The clouds and the cold will keep some at bay today.
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: Let’s hit the reset!
Trending In: On The Hill
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system