On The Hill: Backcountry 201 at Mayflower Gulch with Weston and Colorado Snowboard Guides (video)
February 24, 2017
VIDEO: Z Griff and the Weston Snowboards crew head back to Mayflower Gulch just south of Copper Mountain for Day 2 of backcountry training with Colorado Snowboard Guides. The group learns more about snowpack analysis and terrain selection, then gets to put it all into practice with the reward: fresh laps through Mayflower. How sweet education is.
Did you miss part one? Click on for the intro session at Mayflower.
Breckenridge official report: 0″ overnight, 3″ in 24 hours, 3″ in 48 hours
Summit Daily field report: It was snowing on and off throughout the day yesterday and we are expecting another 1″-2″ today.
Weather: High of 16F, Low of -6. Overcast.
Recommended Stories For You
Lift lines: Friday crowds but the cold will keep some inside the house.
Breakdown: A cold snap is rolling through town with the clouds.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Breckenridge Town Council set to ban Segways after Aspen business inquires about expansion
- Quandary muddles over mud season